Friday, February 09, 2007

Felted Glory

So here it is, my first felted project .... a totebag knitted with Lopi that follows a pattern (and class) offered by my LYS. I'm pretty happy with the end result, but I have to say, I was surprised at what a fuzzy, wooly mess of a thing it looked like when I took it out of the washing machine! I hadn't prepared myself for the super fuzzed object that would eventually become this totebag. But, after painstakingly plucking all the little lint balls off the bag, and after giving it a much-needed haircut, this little felted number is ready to go (where to, though, I have no idea!).

Felted Lopi Totebag

Oh, and on a "clappy" note (Clapotis, that is), I'm not sure this project was meant to be, particularly with the Brooks Farms yarn. The original pattern calls for about 600 yds of yarn, and as I have been reading on the Internet, it typically requires even more than the pattern states. The problem is, my yummy Brooks Farms yarn is only about 500 yds of yarny goodness, and that, my friends, is causing the problem. I just don't have enough yarn to do the Clapotis any justice, and Brooks Farms doesn't seem to carry this particular colorway anymore (although a wonderful employee of Brooks Farms is currently on a mission to see if they may have it in stock as an orphan. Fingers crossed!). I totally should have considered this BEFORE I spent an entire week on this project (when I SHOULD have been reading my Psych of Education books), but that's just how I roll sometimes. So on the Clapotis front, it's a "to be continued ..." kind of day.

No comments: