Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday Blues

Yeah, it wouldn't be uncharacteristic of me to be one of THE last people to attempt Knitty's Clapotis pattern, being that the pattern has been out for almost two years now. I'm just one of those people who tends to watch from the sidelines, particularly when it comes to knitting. I like the idea of learning from every one else's mistakes, so now that half a gazillion people have made their own "clap", I figure the launch of Project Spectrum 2.0 was my opportunity to use up some yummy Brooks Farms yarn in the first month's colorway (blue, gray and white) and jump headfirst into the clapotis pattern.

Here's what it looks like so far (and notice the stitch markers ... I made them this weekend, and they were super easy and fast!):

Clapotis

The pattern itself is pretty easy and mindless, except for the times when I forget to purl into the front and back of the last stitch on each purl row. But I think I have recovered from each of those bumps along the way, and I am making fairly good progress. I'm just about to start my first drop stitch sequence, and I'm a bit nervous about how that's going to work out!

I also thought I would share a tote bag project I have been working on for quite some time now. My LYS offered a great tote bag knitting class this fall, and below is what the final product looks like BEFORE felting.

Totebag

Post-felting pictures to follow soon! It's drying at the moment, and I am amazed at how cool this whole felting process is. It was my first felting project, and it definitely wasn't as intimidating as I thought it would be. The felted tote bag is so sturdy and structured now ... and, and .... so much smaller! I can't wait to attach the straps and put it to good use

No comments: